I'm finally getting around to posting pictures from 2 of our field trips last year. In November, we attended a NASA space exhibit at the Arizona Museum for Youth with our homeschooling support group.
I had posted an album on Facebook a few months ago; to view the pictures click here (you do not have to have a FB account to access the photos:)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=255924&id=641363950&l=61c05deee5
 |
| A group shot of the back workroom where the kids worked on their space patches. |
 |
Two of Norman Rockwell's space paintings were on display in this exhibit (one of my favorite parts of the tour!) This one, called "The Longest Step," portrays astronauts Gus Grissom and John Young as they suited up for the first manned Gemini space mission. I could not find a sample of the other painting, but they were both quite incredible in person. (We were not allowed to take pictures of the artwork.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last February, I coordinated a group field trip to see The Rosson House in Historic Heritage Square in downtown Phoenix. I've always wanted to visit this historic Victorian residence, and the trip did not disappoint. The kids & I had a great time with our group and learned a lot about late 19th century life in territorial Arizona. (These pictures were taken on my very old cell phone, so please forgive the poor quality. :-) |


 |
| From rossonhousemuseum.org: "The Rosson House was built in 1895 for Dr. and Mrs. Roland Lee Rosson at a cost of $7525 and stands today as it did then in its original location. A superb example of the Victorian style, the home was one of the most prominent homes in Phoenix. Purchased by the City in 1974, it has been authentically restored through the contributions of many individuals, groups and businesses." |
 |
| Across the square, the kids were able to participate in hands-on activities in the "Hands-On Heritage House" and view household items from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. |
 |
| Our docent gave a talk while the kids worked on activity books. |
 |
| Jack enjoyed playing with the old-fashioned toys. |
For more information about the Rosson House and Heritage Square (including the Teeter House tea room) visit www.rossonhousemuseum.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment