Saturday, June 20, 2009

High School Musical: Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre


The Broadway Palm is a neat dinner theatre located in East Mesa that offers kid-friendly matinee' shows (complete w/"kid" food - hamburgers, tater tots, mac-n-cheese, ice cream etc.) or dinner shows with a nice salad bar, hot buffet and dessert bar. We have gone a couple of times in the past with other homeschoolers for their kid-friendly shows ("The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" last summer and "The Nutcracker" this past December.) Paul & I also got to enjoy a dinner show of "Singing in the Rain" there earlier this year. (The kid shows are great because they are only an hour long and offer a question & answer period after the show where the kids can ask the actors and producers all kinds of questions - how they accomplished certain special effects, what's it like to play a certain character, etc. They can also get autographs and pictures with the actors if they want
to stand in line! :-)
I received a postcard in the mail late last month for extremely discounted tickets to High School Musical ($51 dinner tickets for $18) and knew the kids would love it!

The adults of the group: my friend Corine & I.
We had just as much fun as the kids!

Corine's daughter, Kennedy, one of our kids' best buds, along w/ Gracie and Jared. A little staged locker area was located near the entrance for those perfect "Kodak moments."

The kids enjoying their dinner!

Jared balked at some of the more "romantic" scenes, but overall, I think he really enjoyed it. Gracie, of course, loved it and now plays her HS Musical CD's over and over. I know Kennedy had a lot of fun too!

Dad and Jack stayed home to prepare for our camping trip
that weekend. It was a wonderful, exciting night!

1 comment:

  1. Such a special treat to find your blog. Thanks for sharing it with me. Ryan and I were blessed with tickets to the Broadway Dinner Theater one time as well, such wonderful family entertainment. I just started a blog myself (in April) and look forward to keeping up to date with your precious family.

    Hugs from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete