Thursday, July 29, 2010

Get Thee Organized!

We are back from vacation; back from the state homeschool convention; and enjoying a few more "lazy" days of summer before jumping full-throttle into the school year. Of course, that means purging and organizing our homeschool room and supplies (and other parts of the house, too.) I am also thrilled and proud to say that after a year and a half of sitting in the box, Paul finally installed the boys' new closet system. (Well, he finished it before we left on vacation, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it.)

The state of our boys' room usually drives me crazy! We have removed most of the toys from it (except stuffed animals) and are constantly on Jared to clean and organize, but it still usually borders on disaster. And it doesn't help that Jared is not a natural neat-freak or organizer. (And of course, Jack learns by his big brother's example.) So, we are slowly teaching them organizational skills and trying to develop those habits that will serve them for life. In any case, I really hope this new closet system will help them keep their clothes neatly hung and offer more places to store their pared-down "treasures."

Thanks to my sweet hubby for taking the time to install this. It should make next year less stressful! (Or so I hope!)

The "before" picture w/Jared. (Well, it was "after" we took all the clothes and junk out but "before" the new system.)

Ta-da! The shirt side of the new system. (No, I'm not finished with Jack's clothes yet.) Notice the shelf reserved specifically for Nerf guns! :-)

The pants' side (and warmer shirts) along with shelves for sweaters and shoes.


Love the long shelf along the top for extra storage.


Even a shelf for their Awana trophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment