I will have to post our Minnesota trip pictures in stages as there are far too many to do at once. Here are some from our day trip to Paul Bunyan Land in Brainerd, MN - about an hour away from our cabin. Esther and I took the kids so the guys could spend their last full day fishing and canoeing. I'm really glad we went - it was definitely something different yet lots of fun.
Outside the entrance - w/Babe the Blue Ox
The kids freaked out when the 40 ft. tall (28 ft seated,) interactive Paul Bunyan statue started calling them each by name and saying things like, "Gracie, I bet this is sure different than what you're used to in Phoenix!" Here you can see Vincent's surprised look as Bunyan talks to them. (When paying to enter, we registered the kids' names, and after we left, the cashier fed them through a microphone to the guy running the statue.) What a trip! My sister has friends who went here as kids and still remember being freaked out by the statue knowing their names!) Later, Esther and I caught Bunyan humming along to different songs on the radio, including groups like the Eagles and Toto. We tried to get him to sing for us on video, but he wouldn't cooperate - until we walked away. Oh well - it was still pretty funny.
Finally brave enough to sit at Paul Bunyan's feet - Jared, Jack, Gracie, Vincent, and TadWe've read a few Paul Bunyan tales in our homeschool but plan to get another book at the library after this experience.
To view more pics of our day, go to the following link and then click on the first picture to access my Facebook album: (you do not have to have a FB account to access this)
No comments:
Post a Comment