Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ho, Ho, Ho . . . and All that Jazz!

I never really finished catching up on November, but since I'm in the Christmas mood (well, sort of,) I thought I'd get some pictures posted of our festive month so far.

For one of our family nights at home, we made hot chocolate and started trimming the tree. Jared and Gracie were responsible for fluffing the top piece. (Fluffing is the worst part of putting up an artificial tree - no one wants to do it, but "many hands make light work.")

Paul fluffing towards the top.

My new lighted topiary planter thingy . . . I finally convinced my topiary-hating hubby that we should get it. (And the fact that it dropped about $35 in price at Costco helped too :-) I am really enjoying it! Thanks, honey!

Santa Bundy

"Naked" Santa Jack

Playing with the Little People nativity. I hope our kids never outgrow this toy!
Naked Jack with Santa Mommy (in my mismatched PJ's.) Yes, we were all sharing the same hat that the dog had just worn.  Eww.

Santa's House in Downtown Chandler last week sponsored by the Lion's Club. (Jared was recovering from an illness and stayed in the car.) Gracie & Jack were both too afraid to go alone, but they decided there was safety in numbers. Jack was really excited to see Santa!
The famous tumbleweed tree in Downtown Chandler.
Now without flash so you can see the lights.

Our family photo with Santa minus Jared. (They tried to take a pic with our camera, but the batteries had died. Here is a pic of the pic!)

The photo of the kids that they sent home with us - along with free candy canes! This is all done for charity - we've enjoyed it almost every year. Hardly any lines, and it's no charge to the public (with an option to donate.) They used to give Polaroids - now they've upgraded to a digital printer on site. It's a pretty neat set-up.

Jack dancing with the freaky automated Santa at my mom's assisted living center. (Unfortunately, I could not get the video to load.) We had gone for Family Night: A Nostalgic Look at Christmas.

The talented performers singing "Hit the Road Jack." Our Jack obviously loved this song! 

My mom enjoying the show.

Gracie

Jack watching - I love this pic with his little hands on his face.

Paul and Jared

At Cameron's gymnastics bday party last weekend. Notice that Jack and he are holding hands! (We used to be in small group with Cameron and his family, but they now attend another church.) Jack was so excited to see one of his best buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment