Friday, May 8, 2009

Jack's Ants















Jack received a gel-based ant farm for Christmas from his Grammie and Poppie, and I finally got around to ordering the special harvester ants late last month. The first batch was DOA (we didn't tell Jack :-) but the 2nd batch worked just fine. Jack totally loves it - first thing he does every morning is check on his ants. Unfortunately, last Fri. he decided to let them out (I found out by all the screaming going on in the kitchen,) and it was pretty tricky getting them back in. As soon as you opened the top to put some back, more started coming out! Feeling defeated, I left about a dozen ants sitting in cups on the table until DH got home from work. He got the brilliant idea to chill the whole farm in the fridge, which settled them down enough to put the others back. Jack tells me often that he "will not open the top again." Let's hope that's the truth this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment