This year I was praying about how we could SIMPLIFY. Last year I had too many tasks to juggle- too many "one on one" curriculums, too much monitoring, too much burn-out - and all those little interruptions tending to Jack's needs. And then there was "real life" - our dog getting sick & dying and my father-in-law in the hospital for 4 1/2 months. I was pretty much spent by the time May rolled around and needed to be "refreshed" (big time) this year. God sometimes whacks me over the head w/answers to prayer regarding curriculum (I could tell you story after story,) but this year He chose to speak to me through my sister. "Have you heard about My Father's World - it sounds just like you?" As she began to describe it, my interest was piqued & I mentally "flagged" it for further consideration. I kid you not, less than a week went by and I found a catalog in my mail stack. No one ordered it for me; I had never seen one before. (In fact, I have tried to walk into their booth at the Homeschooling Convention in previous years and always turned around and walked out.) Seeing that catalog that particular day, my heart leapt; my heart opened. I started to read & listen. "Okay Father, if this is what we're supposed to do this year, please confirm it to me." The more I read & researched, the more excited I got! I love it when God renews, restores and refreshes my passion for teaching His Word to those He's entrusted to me. This is why I started homeschooling in the first place.
We spent August playing catch up from last year and doing the basics (since I was pretty ill with my gallbladder anyway .) We just started Rome to the Reformation last week. So far, I love it! And I see how I need it this year. The kids tell me how much they like it - it's interesting & different - REFRESHING. Lord, once again, You are faithful ~ and we are SO grateful!
Gracie's main notebook this year - I let each child pick their own design on the computer.
Just some of the many books in our new curriculum ~ can't wait to dig in!
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19
So does My Father's World encompass every aspect of your curriculum?
ReplyDelete