Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ballerina Baby ~ Exercises & "Performance"

Gracie finished another ballet class (through the city) this past Friday, taught by the same teacher as last semester. We really appreciate this instructor's approach and how she teaches the kids the correct terminology along with the correct positions and movements. (We were also excited to hear her announce that she'll be offering a Ballet II class in the spring!) Families are invited to sit in on the last class and watch the performances.

Once again, Gracie's "give it your all gusto" made our hearts smile. Great job, Bumble Bee!! We are SO PROUD of you!!

Fuzzy picture - but I like her serious look here.


This session's class ~ the instructor is on the top right. (young, I know!)

One thing I do appreciate about having a blog is the ability for family to see otherwise "unsendable" videos. I've uploaded several - the first ones are Gracie running through her ballerina exercises, most while balancing a bean bag on her head, and the last one is the class performance. Paul recorded several of them in "Portrait" mode not realizing that we have no idea how to rotate the videos for normal viewing. (If you happen to know a trick, please let me know.) Also, this class was for ages 6-12, which is why you see such a difference in age and size :-). Hope you enjoy!


"Leaps" (since I don't know the correct terms:-)

"Turns" w/bean bag

"Kicks" w/bean bag


"Bar Work" w/bean bag


The "Performance"

"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear . . . The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord." Ps. 45:10a & 11b

No comments:

Post a Comment