I am borrowing the title of this blog post from J.J. Heller's blog of the same name - The Lovely Little Things. I love her music and recently discovered her blog. She has a fun, eclectic style and is a powerful, Phoenix-based Christian songwriter. You can see pics of her growing family and learn more about her music by going to: http://thelovelylittlethings.blogspot.com/
I am *supposed* to be finishing my mom's finances right now but have the urge to journal instead. I've been reflecting on ways we can be more grateful in life and have more evident joy as a witness to God's transforming power. Going along with this thinking, here are some random thoughts about a few things I love:
* I love how my hubby knows me so well - sometimes better than I know myself. He came home the other night, gathered up the kids and said, "Okay, when Daddy comes home and Bryan Duncan is playing (on the stereo) I know Mommy's had it. So what's up?" (And I didn't even know he knew this about me :-)
*I love how music by Bryan Duncan, Chris Rice, Fernando Ortega, Sara Groves, Selah, etc. can soothe my anxious soul.
* I love how our dog, Bundy, wags his tail whenever he sees me looking his way or whenever I call his name. I love how he greets me at the bottom of the stairs every morning and waits for me to open the back door. Then, instead of going potty, he just sits on the back patio until he sees me put food in his bowl. He barks to come in and sniffs his food but won't eat until the whole family is up! Sometimes he won't eat at all if we're leaving and waits until we return. Or he will finally eat his breakfast at 4:00 in the afternoon - but will still be ready for dinner at 6:30. I'm not even sure when he really does go potty in the morning. Talk about devotion (and craziness!)
| Bundy likes to carry the kids' pencils around since he's not allowed to have sticks in the house. Did I mention that he is crazy?? Fits right in. . . |
*I love having feedom in Christ! (Gal. 5:1 and John 8:36)
*I love cooking with Gracie. I delight in watching her learn to cook something new. I love when I come in the kitchen and see her cutting up fruits and veggies with her safety knife -so she can make her own fruit salad or cut up carrots to eat with Jack. I love how she is like a second mommy to him. She gave him a bath the other night and helped him get ready for bed so I could go take my own shower. What a sweetie! I also love how she pats my back or squeezes my arm every time she gives me a hug. I love that even though she's 9 and long and leggy, she still climbs into my lap for a snuggle - especially in a restaurant. I see other mommies and grammies looking at us and I just know they're thinking, "How sweet is that?" Did I mention that I just love her?
| Gracie and I assembling citrus-tarragon chicken shish-kabobs for Memorial Day. (That was a mouthful!) |
* I love having friends who remind you that you need balance in your life. Friends who encourage (and challenge you when necessary) but don't condemn you. Instead, they remind you to "watch your thinking." As FlyLady says, "We don't need no stinkin' thinkin'!"
*I love Beth Moore!
*I love how God reminds us of a particular Scripture for a particular situation or graces us with a Rhema word when we need it. I love how He gives us His Spirit to remind us of everything he has taught us. (John 14:26)
* I love Jack-isms! I love thinking about how Jack makes me laugh and how his mind is like no other I've ever encountered. I love wondering what God is going to do with him!
* I love finding Green and Black 85% organic dark chocolate on sale, storing it in the freezer, and then eating it cold and plain or smothering it with organic, rich peanut butter. Mmmmmm
*I love when my floors are clean. When my floors are clean, my world is a much better place.
*I love that Jared has a binder he calls his "Sketch Book of Awesomeness." I love how he designs and draws funny and witty Far-Side type cartoons and stores them in said binder. I love his off-the-wall sense of humor - and I love how I'm often the first to see one of his new creations.
*I love that "the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." (Gal. 5:6b)
*I love that I am learning to let go of "stuff" - whether physical, emotional or spiritual.
*I love that God is always at work, even when we don't think He is (John 5:17) and that He is trustworthy with the desires of our heart.
*I love how my kids say "I love you" to me, Paul, and each other whenever anyone leaves the house - even if it's just to go next door to play or make a quick trip to the post office.
*I love thinking about what I love! God is so good!
And I love this song.
What do you love?
Awesome! And I LOVE you!!! :) (And Jack's new pic. I want one!)
ReplyDelete