Bundy has now been with us for one week, so I asked the kids their thoughts and impressions of him. Jared said, "He's an illegal leashbreaker!" (referring to the walking incident on Tues. where he snapped the leash while trying to get at the other dog.) Jared also said that he's a "natural alarm clock." (I often ask him to get up w/the dog and let him out in the morning.) These are good things, as Jared also says, "I love him!" Gracie loves to "play ball with Bundy" in the backyard, and Jack loves "to hug him and give him kisses!" I think we're all in puppy love!
More pics soon to come of Bundy with the kids, his new best buds (especially Jack!) Can you imagine all the "Jack and Bundy" stories about to come our way? :-)
I was afraid I could not go through the heartache of losing another dog after we had to put Binkley to sleep (a year ago yesterday,) but figured it is worth the risk to love another animal and offer that same blessing to the kids, especially to little Jack, who still talks about Binkley quite often. In fact, when I told Jack that we were going to "visit" Bundy, he was very excited, but also said quite somberly, "There are no more Binkleys." Jack still talks about Binkley so affectionately, but Bundy is definitely growing daily in his heart. I must admit, I do call "Bundy" "Binkley" more often than I'd like, but I'm sure that will fade as time goes by.
Since we started the blog after we lost Binkley, I wanted to post some pictures of him, too. Binkley was the BEST dog a person could own - he was our first "baby," and we still miss him. I picked him out as a puppy, brought him home in a little box, and he loved me faithfully throughout the years no matter how much I neglected him after the kids came along. He would've been 13 last year. Good-bye, Binkley - we love and miss you! Bundy has your same sweet spirit and temperament and is a testimony to how wonderful you were.
Binkley, Jan. 2007

Swimming at Poppie's house, summer 2005
Playin' outside w/Jack, Sept. 2008
Jared & Binkley, July 2004Jared 6 1/2 years old, Jan. 2006
Gracie almost 4 years old, Jan. 2006
Jack (21 mos.) tormenting Binkley, July 2007
Jack (age 3)"doctoring" Binkley, Dec. 2008 (one month before Binkley became sick.)
Our first Christmas with Binkley, Dec. 1996
No comments:
Post a Comment